Sunday 14 February 2010

More chicken news

In my despair yesterday over the underdone fried chicken, I failed to say properly how staggeringly good the chicken is, when it's been cooked through. After the Raw Disaster, I put it back in the oven for 15 minutes, then re-heated it for another 20 minutes the next day.

And, oh my God... it was just fantastic. Crunchy, tasty coating, juicy, juicy chicken underneath. It's like a magic trick (even when executed in a particularly sloppy way, re-heated crudely), this brining lark, and I urge all of you to try it, at least once, just to be in on the joke.

We're so excited about it, that we're making it for a dinner party for 10 people on Wednesday. The amount of brine we'll need makes my eyes water, but we'll all be in KFC heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment