Wednesday 24 February 2010

Hugh's Mango and Steak salad-thing

How utterly utterly ridiculous of me to flag up Hugh FW's wonderful-sounding mango and steak salad thing and then wander off and not make it, like the fool I am. I haven't made it yet because a) it's raining and b) my car has broken down and c) I keep getting drunk and being really hungover the next day, which makes me really really not want to put on my welly boots and walk to Sainsbury's in Camden Town. I am scared of the Camden Town Sainsbury's. It's the place where all the crazy people in North London like to hang out.
But people quite rightly want to make this damned thing now, so I thought I'd post up the recipe, untested. It looks pretty straightforward and if anyone wants to try it out and email me what they think about it I'll post it up here. And then one day, when my car is fixed, I might make it for myself.

So, it's Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall recipe for Mango, Avocado and Steak Salad from p. 57 of Saturday's Guardian Magazine and available here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/feb/20/fairtrade-recipes-hugh-fearnley-whittingstall


N.B. I did make this in the end and it went really well. Easy and yummy. The only thing I would say is that there is WAY too much garlic (unless you're a real garlic fiend). There was so much that it kept waking me up in the middle of the night. If I was going to make this again, I'd halve the quantities all round - maybe leave the raw stuff out of the dressing altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment